What is La French Tech?
La French Tech is a global initiative launched by the French government with the ambition to support and promote French communities of startups and entrepreneurs around the world.
In Thailand, La French Tech is powered by a community of tech players and stakeholders, supported by Business France (French Embassy in Thailand) and the Franco-Thai Chamber of Commerce.
This worldwide initiative aims to assist all the players working towards startups’ growth and international promotion: entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, designer, developers, corporate companies, R&D centers, government agencies, incubators, co-working spaces and other talented people etc.
Thai Startup Ecosystem
Thailand’s startup scene is still quite young compared to other countries in the region. Angel investors and VCs are mainly focusing on seed stage. Thai government believes 2016 will be a golden year for its startups and plans to roll out some initiatives: a US$570 million venture fund for young tech firms, and “startup zones” to promote innovation and grow the country’s digital economy.
La French Tech aims at developing this dynamic ecosystem in Bangkok for the benefit of local startups and the French startups that are looking for expanding in Southeast Asia.
What We Do
We bring together all year long the actors of this eco-system through a series of exclusive high-quality events called “Les Mercredis de la French Tech” to expand their network and be inspired.
Expand your Business
All the information you need to know to explore and develop your activities gathered in one place.
Meet the Community
Monthly community events in Bangkok gathering entrepreneurs, top executives, investors, engineers and public leaders.
Meet our Ambassadors
They made it in the South East Asian market and will be happy to share their experience with you.
The French Tech Ecosystem
The entry point for investors, entrepreneurs and engineers willing to explore opportunities in France.
Join Our Monthly Event
We invite you to have a look at our past & future events called Les Mercredis de la French Tech (every first Wednesday of the month).
We Have Been Busy 🙂
- Website, FB 1.8K+, Linkedin 900+, Twitter 240+, Meetup 600+, Emails 800+
- Monthly & Special Events: 80+ persons (more than 25 events organized)
- Partnership with Business France
- Media Partnership with Gavroche Magazine + Le Petit Journal local online newspapers
- Community Partnership with Harvard Business Management School
- Community Partnership with IOT Asia Platform
- Community Partnership with Bangkok Business Angels (BBA)
- Community Partnership with TechSauce
- Partnership for PHD Study with Toulouse University (IOT objects)
- Partnership for Startups with Toulouse School of Management & Assumption University (30 students to work on 7 startups projects)
- Partnership with 2 Co-Working Spaces across Bangkok (The Work Loft Silom & The Mint Sukhumvit)
- 50 sq.m. booth in Thailand Startup Summit 2016 (thanks to Business France & NIA)
- 50 sq.m. booth in Startup Thailand 2017(thanks to Business France & NIA)